How we collect your information
We may obtain information about you in the following ways:
When you visit our website
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information including; the type of device you’re using, IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet
- User behaviour, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, the length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for and referral sources
- We collect and use your personal information by using cookies on our website. We’ve included more information on cookies below
If you interact with us on our social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin, then we may obtain information about you, (for example, if you publically tag us in a photo). The information we receive will depend on your privacy settings for each social media platform.
We may have information on hand such as your email address, name, country and city If you subscribe to our mailing list, perform an ecommerce transaction (if applicable) where you enter your email or willingly share your email address and details with us in any other way.
This website uses the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who have completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry or making a purchase.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page.
What type of information is collected from you?
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, job title and contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number, your date of birth)
- Information about your activities on our website, the device used on our website, preferences and interests, your IP address and geographical location
- Your bank or credit card details. If you make a purchase, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions
- Other information relevant to client surveys and/or offers
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Here are a few articles that may help:
Switching off cookies in chrome
Switching off cookies in Internet explorer
Switching off cookies in Firefox
How and why is your information used?
We require this information to understand your preferences and provide you with a better service, and may be used for the following reasons:
- Providing you with the services, products or information you asked for
- Carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us
- Keeping a record of your relationship with us
- Conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services, products or information
- Checking for updated contact details against third party sources so we can stay in touch if you move
- Seeking your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notifying you of changes to our services
- Sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, fundraising appeals and activities and promotions of goods and services
- Processing job applications
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your information to third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy. Third parties working on our behalf include: suppliers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process orders and send you mailings).
When we use these third parties, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and prevents them from using it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Controlling your personal information
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form used to collect your information.
We’re committed to putting you in control of your data so you’re free to change your marketing preferences (including to tell us that you don’t want to be contacted for marketing purposes) at any time by contacting us by email email@example.com, phone +61 3 9826 5107 or post 740 Chapel St, South Yarra, VIC 3141, Australia.